Serving the Corvallis and Philomath
Communities since 1984
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 541-929-2672
The Admission Process and Policies
Thank you for your interest in our school. Because we celebrate and consider diversity important to the health of the school and to the full development of children, we welcome all children. The optimal age for enrollment is 2 1/2 to 3 1/2. Children older than 4 are generally not eligible for admission. The one prerequisite is that your child is reliably toilet-trained.
Our Admission Process
- Before applying, we highly recommend you call to make an appointment for an observation. After observing, we will contact you to see if we can answer any questions you may have after observing. You can also arrange to meet with the Director of the school for a more in depth talk or a tour of the school.
- To apply, please print out an application form and mail it in with the $50 application fee and a $50 deposit (refundable if your child does not enroll). Once we receive your application, we will send you a letter of acknowledgment and let you know the status of your child’s enrollment.
Our Admission Policies
- • Eligibility for an open position is subject to the Guides' determination of the required age, gender, and cultural diversity to maintain classroom balance.
• When a family has requested that their child not be admitted before a certain date, that child is not eligible until the requested time has arrived.
• When two or more children on the waiting list are otherwise eligible, and were placed on the waiting list within 3 months of each other, siblings of present or past students take highest priority; transfer students from other Montessori schools take second priority; other children take third priority.
• Children under 2-1/2 or over 4-1/2 years old are generally not eligible for admission. Older transfer students may be eligible with the consent of the Guides.
- Waiting List Policy
- The Philomath Montessori School strives to admit children to our school in a fair and timely manner. We use the following procedure to meet this objective while maintaining classroom balance with respect to age, gender, and cultural diversity.
• We place a child on the waiting list when payment of the family's deposit and registration fees are received with a completed application form.
• We admit children to the school when they become eligible, in the order they were placed on the waiting list.
Philomath Montessori School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.